Why is Social Wellness Important?
Maintaining an optimal level of social wellness allows you to build healthy relationships with others. Having a supportive social network allows you to develop assertive skills and become comfortable with who you are in social situations. Surrounding yourself with a positive social network increases your self-esteem. Social wellness enables you to create boundaries that encourage communication, trust, and conflict management. Having good social wellness is critical to building emotional resilience.
You can foster your social wellness by:
- Reflecting on yourself and your social needs. What aspects of your social life do you enjoy? What parts would you like to improve?
- Making an effort to keep in touch with supportive friends, family and mentors.
- Participating in group discussions and practicing active listening.
- Joining a club or organization.
- Participating in study groups.
- Volunteering in the community.
What is your social wellness?
To learn more about social health and how you can control it check out the website below.
What are some social wellness that you like to do?
~ My Life As A Mom