Carrot Cake has been a stamp in my family for a very long time. Every holiday my mom would bake a carrot cake for a special event, birthday, holiday’s, and other special occasion. It is everybody’s favorite cake in my family. So today I want to share with you the recipe of the carrot cake that I grew up with. To learn how to bake my mom famous carrot cake the recipe (below):
2 cups of sugar
2 cups of plain flour
1/ ½ cups of oil
3 cups of graded carrots
2 cups of pecans
2 tsp of baking soda
2 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of salt
3 tsp of cinnamon
2 tsp of vanilla flavor
Pam (for spraying your cake pans)
6 cake pans
1 box of confession sugar
1 stick cream cheese
Icing the cake with pecan
1. In a mixing bowl add all your flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together.
2. Next, in another bowl add your eggs, sugar, flavor and mix them together.
3. Third, pour you dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in three sections and mix them together until everything fully corporate.
4. Fourth, add your graded carrots and chopped pecan in to the mixture with the oil. (Note: To make your carrots and pecan a little finer put them in a blender and pulse them until you get the texture that you want.)
5. After you mix everything together. Get your grease cake pans and divide the cake batter into each one.
Bake your cakes for 20 to 25 minutes or until the toothpick test passed.
6. Take them out of the oven and let the cool. While the cake is cooling make the icing for the cakes.
To make the icing:
In a bowl add cream cheese, confection sugar, and vanilla flavor. Mix all the ingredients together until the icing smooth.
Last, icing your cake, cut and enjoy.
This cake mix makes two tier cakes. Two level each…you can also double the cake ingredients to make two 3 tier cakes.