On Thanksgiving Day my mom always made her sweet potato pie for the family. When I was little I always watch my mom during the big holidays cooking and baking in the kitchen whether it was from her chicken and dressing, to her macaroni and cheese, to her carrot cake, and sweet potato pie. So this Thanksgiving I will be sharing you my mom recipe for Sweet Potato Pie.
4 Sweet Potatoes
1 ½ cups of sugar
1 ½ tablespoons of allspice
2 teaspoon of vanilla
1 stick of unsalted butter (melted)
2 Pie crust
Whip Cream (optional)
1. Put the sweet potato in a big pot and cook for 2 ½ to 3 hours until very tender and the skin is easy to come off.
2. Next drain the sweet potato and let it sit until it is cool to touch.
3. After the sweet potato has enough to handle peel the skin off them and it to your mixing bowl. When you are finish peeling all of your sweet potatoes get a smasher or whisk to smash the sweet potato.
4. When the sweet potatoes is smooth enough add you eggs, sugar, allspice, vanilla extract, and butter. Mix everything well together until the batter is smooth.
5. Pour the mixture into the pie crust, spread the mixture even and shake to get the air bubble out.
6. Add it to a 350 degree oven and cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes to a 1 hour and 20 minutes.
7. Put a fork or toothpick in to the middle of the pie. When the toothpick or fork comes up clean it time to take the pies out of the oven and let it cool on the cooling rack to cool.
8. Last, when the pie are cool enough add some whip cream or marshmallows and Enjoy!! 🙂