Spice Apple Cranberry & Walnut Waffle
Looking for a great delicious, warm and fuzzy in your tummy goodness, well try my delicious Spice Apple Cranberry & Walnut Waffle. Fall is here and it is time to make warm delicious food whether it is for breakfast, lunch, brunch, or dinner. It’s that time to bake and cook and make your house smell like fall and spices. Continue to read and get the recipe below.
- 6 tbs. of butter
- 1 tbs. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 4 tbs. of brown sugar
- 2 granny smith apples (peel and chopped)
- 1 cup of walnut (toasted)
- 1/4 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup of milk (your choosing)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Syrup (Optional)
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
Toasted Walnut Directions
Pour the one cup of walnuts on a parchment paper and place in a oven for 10 minutes until toasted.
Spice Apple, Cranberry and Walnut Topping
- Melt butter in a sauce pan.
- Add chopped apples, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, brown sugar and salt. Stir everything together and cook for 20 minutes until apples are soft, but still have a little bite to it.
- Next, add walnuts and cranberries to the to the apple mixture and stir. Then add your milk and stir and let it comes to a simmer on low and cover. Make sure to stir every to 2 to 3 minutes so the sauce want stick.
- After 20 minutes take off heat and let it cool.
Waffle Mix Ingredients
- 1 cup of waffle/pancake mix
- 1/2 cup of milk
Directions for Waffle
- Add mix and milk together until the battle is smooth.
- Pour battle into your waffle iron until the waffle is nice and golden brown on both side.
After the waffle is golden brown, plate your waffle, add your apple, cranberry and walnut topping. Drizzle some syrup on top and enjoy!!
~xoxo My Life As A Mom